This Website Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) was last updated on 20th of April 2022.
Samlink Ltd, Linnoitustie 9, FI-02600 Espoo, and its affiliates (“Samlink”, “we” or “us”) are firmly committed to protecting your privacy. You should understand what we do with personal information we collect when you visit our website (www.samlink.fi) (“Site”), receive promotional communications from us, attend an event or webinar organized or promoted by us, or enter into a business relationship with us. The data controller for the personal information collected in the above described situations is Samlink.
We may supplement this Privacy Notice to address specific situations. All supplemental notices should be read together with this Privacy Notice.
How we collect your personal information
We collect the following personal information relating to you:
Personal information collected through the Site
- Your interaction with us through the Site. When you comment on our posts published on the Site or contact us using the contact details available on the Site, you may provide us your identity information and contact details (e.g., first and last name, email address) and professional details (e.g., professional title, organization), and other personal data that you may wish to share with us.
- You may also submit your personal information in connection with applying for a job at Samlink through our recruitment portal. A separate privacy notice applies to the processing of personal information in connection with the recruitment process, which is available to the job applicants through the recruitment portal.
Promotional communications and events
- Marketing communications and campaign monitoring. We collect personal information relating to contact persons at potential and existing customers, business partners, vendors, and other subscribers to send out our newsletters and other marketing communications, as well as to evaluate the performance of our campaigns. The personal information is collected directly from you, and/or from our account managers, public registers and data services, public business directories, and/or our business partners. The collected personal information consist of identity information and contact details (e.g., first and last name, email address, telephone number), professional details (e.g., professional title, organization (incl. address of the organization), business sector), and marketing history (e.g., delivered publications (newsletters, bulletins, invitations), information about participation in our events, and history data on interest in our campaigns).
- Participation in events and webinars. We also collect personal information of contact persons at potential and existing customers, business partners, vendors, and other subscribers to send out invitations to, and organize and manage participation in, an event or webinar organized or promoted by us and/or our business partners. The personal information is collected directly from you, and/or from our account managers, public registers and data services, public business directories, and/or our business partners. The collected personal information consist of identity information and contact details (e.g., first and last name, email address, telephone number), professional details (e.g., professional title, organization (incl. address of the organization), business sector), and other information shared by participants in the course of registering for or attending an event (e.g., information on allergies, diets and transportation organized by us).
- Sales outreach. We collect identity information and contact details (e.g., first and last name, email address, telephone number) and professional details (e.g., professional title, organization, business sector) of contact persons at potential and existing customers to promote the sales of our products and services. The personal information is collected from public registers and data services, public business directories, and/or our business partners.
- Communication and relationship management. We collect identity information, contact and professional details (e.g., first and last name, professional title, business address, telephone number, and business email address) as well as other personal information of points of contacts at potential and existing customers, business partners, and vendors necessary to ensure communication in and managing our business relationships, e.g., to facilitate project specific communication or process orders, or for accounting and invoicing purposes.
- Legal requirements .We collect and process personal identification information of points of contacts at potential and existing customers, business partners, and vendors to comply with legal requirements, internal policies, and for asserting, exercising and defending legal claims and settling disputes.
- If you provide us with personal information of third parties (such as the details of your administrative assistant or your emergency contact), you agree to: (a) notify each individual before sharing their personal information with us, (b) explain that their personal information will be processed in accordance with this Privacy Notice, and (c) obtain their consent, where appropriate.
Why we need to collect your personal information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we use your personal information for various purposes, such as to:
- provide you with the products, services and information that you have requested;
- manage and maintain our relationship with you, including responding to an inquiry, question or comment made by you and providing you with other customer support;
- allow you to participate in an event or webinar organized or promoted by us and/or our business partners;
- communicate important notices to you, such as information about changes to this Privacy Notice and/or the Site, and/or service updates;
- carry out analytics to enable us to plan, develop and improve the Site, our products, services and marketing activities;
- inform you of our new products, services and events that we think you will find valuable by sending promotional messages via email, phone, and/or other similar communications means. (If you would prefer not to receive these communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the promotional communications that you receive.); and
- prevent and detect unlawful behavior, ensure compliance with applicable laws and policies, and protect or enforce our legal rights, for example defending us in case of legal disputes.
Legal bases for processing your personal information
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we use your personal information for the purposes identified in this Privacy Notice based on the following legal grounds:
- We may process your personal information if you consent to such processing.
- Contractual necessity. We may process your personal information where it is necessary to enter into a contract with you for the provision of our products or services, or to perform our obligations under that contract. If you do not provide us with your personal information for processing as described below, we may not be able to provide the service, product or information requested.
- Our legitimate interests. We may process your personal information where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a company, including to manage, promote and improve our business and manage our risk.
|Purposes and legitimate interests
Provide requested products, services and information
Provide customer support, e.g., respond to inquiries, questions or comments
Organize and allow participation in an event or webinar
Communicate important notices, such as information about changes to this Privacy Notice and/or the Site, and/or service updates
Carry out analytics to plan, develop and improve the Site, and/or our products, services and marketing activities
Send promotional messages via email, phone, and/or other similar communications means
Note: We will ask for your prior consent for sending electronic direct marketing communications, if so, required by applicable law.
If you would prefer not to receive our promotional communications, simply follow the unsubscribe instructions on the communications that you receive from us.
Prevent and detect unlawful behavior, ensure compliance with applicable laws and policies, and protect or enforce our legal rights
Maintaining physical security, access management and CCTV on Samlink premises.
To whom we give your personal information
We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties in the following instances:
- Service providers. We will disclose your personal information to companies that provide services to us, such as companies that assist us in operating the Site, facilitate and/or help us organize our and/or our business partners’ events and webinars, and vendors that assist us with our marketing campaigns. The service providers are required to keep your personal information confidential and are not permitted to use your personal information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for us.
- Third parties to meet applicable legal requirements. We may need to disclose your personal information to a third party if it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or the decision of a judicial authority, a public authority or a government body, or if disclosure is necessary for national security, law enforcement or other public interest.
- Business partners. We will disclose your personal information to our business partners, e.g., in case we organize an event or a webinar together with our business partner.
- Third parties in connection with a business sale. If we make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business/asset transfer, we may transfer your personal information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other third parties with your consent. We may also share your personal information with other third parties when you separately consent to such sharing.
International transfers of your personal information
Your personal information may be shared, disclosed and transferred between third parties (as described in the above section “To whom we give your personal information”) where such transfers are required for legitimate business reasons. Such entities may be located outside your country of residence. The level of protection for personal information is not the same in all countries, however, we will take reasonable steps and implement measures as described in this Privacy Notice to keep your personal information secure.
Your personal information may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and in countries which are not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission and which may not provide for the same level of data protection as the EEA. In this event, we will ensure that the recipient of your personal information offers an adequate level of protection, for instance by entering into standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data as approved by the European Commission. The standard contractual clauses can be found here.
How long we retain your personal information
Your personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice in accordance with applicable laws, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements.
We will use personal information for sending out our promotional communications until you inform us that you no longer want to receive such communications from us. To stop receiving our promotional communications, you can use the unsubscribe instructions in the promotional communications you receive from us.
Information collected specifically to organize and/or manage participation in an event or webinar organized by us will be deleted after the relevant event or webinar and the completion of related follow-up actions such as sharing presentations or surveys.
How we protect your personal information
Samlink implements appropriate security measures designed to prevent unlawful or unauthorized processing of personal information and accidental loss of or damage to personal information.
Children’s privacy protection
The Site is not intentionally targeted to, or intended for, children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information that we process, subject to conditions and restrictions set out in the applicable laws:
- Right to access personal data. You have the right to learn whether your personal information is processed by us and to request a copy of your personal information and information relating to the processing of your personal information.
- Right to request data to be rectified. You may request the correction of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- Right to erasure and restriction of processing. You have the right to request the erasure of your personal information or the restriction of the processing of your personal information.
- Right to object to processing and right to opt-out from marketing. You are entitled to object to certain processing of your personal information, including processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or when we otherwise base our processing of your personal information on a legitimate interest.
We will give you the opportunity to opt out of future promotional communications whenever we send you such promotional communications. You can also opt out at any time by contacting us.
If you object to or opt out from receiving our promotional communications, we retain certain limited personal information about you (e.g., name, email address, telephone number) to ensure that we comply with your request.
- Right to withdraw consent. In cases where our processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any prior processing based on your consent. Please note that even after withdrawal of your consent we might be entitled to continue processing your personal information if other legal grounds apply.
To withdraw your consent for promotional communications from us, you can use the unsubscribe instructions in the promotional communications you receive from us.
- Right to data portability. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to demand data portability.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority if you so choose (in Finland, the Data Protection Ombudsman, fi).
If you would like to exercise your rights described above, you can contact us. For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request. We will respond as soon as reasonably practical and within the time frame specified by applicable law. We reserve the right to deny your request based on applicable law and will inform you if we do so.
Links and third parties
The Site contains links to other websites, including sites controlled by third parties independent of us. Samlink is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of such websites. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of such websites before providing any personal information to them. We do not take responsibility for the opinions of third parties expressed on or through the Site.
Any questions, concerns or complaints about our processing operations and our commitment to this Privacy Notice should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change and update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Any changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page.